Thursday, November 19, 2009

Halloween 2009

This Halloween turned out to be a great one! The kids both had strong opinions this year about what they wanted to be. Ben really wanted to be Mario. I had tried to find the costume everywhere, online, Halloween stores, I even had my mom go to 3 stores in Georgia. I couldn't find it anywhere. Rick and I were trying to convince him to be something else. He wasn't budging. Then thankfully a costume store online got a second shipment. Hallelujah, crisis averted! Olivia said she wanted to be a 'naughty' witch (her words). Since she loves ballet, I asked her if she wanted me to make her a witch tutu. She was a happy camper too. About a week before Halloween she decided she was a 'nice' witch. She also had a sparkly broom too but we left it at a Halloween party the night before.


Don't you love his cute tummy and furry mustache

Mario and the Witch

It was the first Halloween the kids had to wear coats while trick-or-treating. It was quite chilly and the wind was whipping. I made them stand outside for a couple of pictures without coats, so you could see their costumes.
Trick-or-treating starts early here (3 p.m.), but we didn't head out until 5. It just seems funny to be trick-or-treating in the afternoon. Lucky for us, our sweet friends and neighbors let us tag along. The whole trick-or-treating gang!

Our pumpkins this year

3 comments:

denise said...

SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!

Dinisha said...

Ben, Ima gonna win!

Anonymous said...

wow those are some cute little kids you have there