Tuesday, November 10, 2009

First Day of Preschool

Olivia started preschool this year. She had been watching Ben go to school for the last couple of years and was very excited to join in the fun. She had no fear, no anxiety and a lot of enthusiasm for having her very own backpack.


When we got in the car to go to school, she said "STOP!!! I forgot my homework!!!" I'm not sure where on earth she knew to say that. Ben had never forgotten his homework and she definitely had never been assigned homework to forget, but it was funny!

At preschool
No Fear
At the door of Ms. Cramer's class.
I gave her a kiss, told her I loved her and she ran into class. This time, I held it in until I got to the car to breakdown (maybe because I had recently had some practice in leaving a school crying). I called Rick so that he could tell me that it was only 2 mornings a week and I wasn't losing my baby just yet. Once I got off the phone, I started driving with a list of errands I had to run. It was quiet, really quiet. Quiet and wonderful, and I realized that it hadn't been that way in 6 years (since Ben was born). Olivia loves preschool, loves her teachers and really loves saying that she is a big girl. I am loving grocery shopping by myself, at least for a little while.

1 comment:

denise said...

She is sooooo beautiful and she looks so grownup. Three years went by very quickly. Love you guys,
Grandma