Sunday, November 15, 2009

Birthday Parties for Everyone

On labor day week, my parents came up to visit us. We were really excited to see them and to tell them the big news. They were very excited about the new baby but probably not that excited that I barely left the bed or couch the entire time they were here. They were so great and helped us so much. In fact, we had two birthday parties in two days. Don't be too impressed, it was out of necessity. Olivia's birthday had passed 3 weeks before and Ben's was a little early. Since there was no end in sight to my nausea we decided to do both.

My mom made such a cute and yummy cake that was fit for a princess.

We got Olivia ballet lessons for her 3rd birthday. She was really excited about the outfit.

Practicing ballet moves

The next night, we had Ben's party.


His new bike
I can't believe he is six years old. Happy Birthday Ben!

My dad actually requested that this picture be put on our blog. So funny! He looks like he is 'special'.
This is the only picture I took the entire time they were here. I really hope they come back when they aren't forced into working all week.
One thing that I learned that week, is that kids birthday parties don't have to have a theme, friends and lots of cute decorations. I had some guilt about it but the kids were genuinely happy with the parties we had. We love them so much and can't believe it has been another year.

1 comment:

denise said...

We had a WONDERFUL time and can't wait until the next visit.dysyi