Before school
Ben's eighth birthday finally arrived!! He had been looking forward to it for the whole year. The day started with a bang, with an impromptu acapela singing of 'Happy Birthday' from the bus stop gang.

I had written him a note in his lunchbox, letting him know, that Daddy, Olivia, Will and I were surprising him with McDonald's for lunch and that we would all be there to eat with him at school. He also brought his treat to share with his class.
After school

For dinner that night, I made his favorite, Chicken & Dumplings. He said it was a great day!
The day after his birthday, he was able to go to cub scouts for the first time. What a great time this kid had! He absolutely loves it and wishes he got to go, more than a few times a month.
I can't believe that Ben is eight. It feels like yesterday, we were bringing him home from the hospital on that rainy day as new and unsure parents. I'm excited and proud about the young man he is becoming. We love you Ben!!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Ben! It does my heart good to see that sweatshirt. I think Jackson wore it every day for 2 years. I'm glad to see it's still working for someone!
Thanks so much for calling yesterday. It was too fun to catch up and hear what's happening in your cute family!
Post a Comment