We walked around the temple grounds with the kids and to Olivia's great surprise we even saw a bride. She was mesmerized! Ben wanted badly to go inside the temple. He just kept saying "Can I just take a peek?"


We managed to get to Carthage that day too. We made it for the last tour of the day. I'm so glad we went. From the moment you step into that building you can feel the spirit there.



O.K. so this is a funny story!
After we had gone through the tour. We were outside talking and Stacy and I couldn't believe the amount of huge acorns that had fallen all over the ground. We started joking that we should get a bag and collect them and help clean up. Well, we decided to do it. We now have a lot of beautiful acorns to fill hurricanes for our Thanksgiving table from the tree outside of Carthage jail.
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Nauvoo - Part two
This is a picture I took of the temple, from the carriage ride.

Shopping in downtown Nauvoo




We had the most perfect weather that day! Warm, not a cloud in the sky, a little breeze and all of the leaves were autumn colored.
I feel like this trip really built my testimony and the little testimonies of our kids.
Although I didn't get a picture, we ran into a good family friend (Mike Austin) from Georgia that now lives in Libertyville, IL. He was there on a youth trip and it was so good to see him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great trip. My favorite picture is Olivia and Christ foot. amazing. I cry everytime I look at it
That is still one of my very favorite trips to this day. I went with my family probably 14 years ago. I can't wait to take my kids there. It was amazing. I'm glad you got to go. What good memories for your family!! I don't even think it matters the age of the kids the spirit is so strong everywhere that I think no matter what they can take something away from that trip.
Post a Comment