Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nauvoo - Part 1

Before we left Illinois, we needed to go to Nauvoo. For whatever reason, everytime we had planned to go, something had come up, so that it wasn't going to work. We were talking to some friends at church about going and they had never been before either so we decided to go together. I have to admit, most of the time we plan out our trips. Other than our hotel being booked, we kind of just winged this one, and it all worked out like I had been planning it forever. The weekend we picked ended up being perfect!! Perfect weather, perfect timing and perfect company.
For such a short trip, I sure took A LOT of pictures. I had finally replaced my old camera (that I lost) with a new fancy one and I love it! I took a picture of the temple without the night setting and it looked terrible but with the right setting, I took these. So pretty! We drove to Nauvoo on Friday evening and Stacy and Josh were good enough to watch the kids so that we could go see the temple all lit up at night. What a beautiful temple it is!

Two other friends of ours (Joss's & Fifield's), happened to be going to Nauvoo the same weekend. Their sweet teenage daughters offered to watch the kids so that all of the grow-ups could go to an early morning session. The temple inside is gorgeous, and to me feels like you are in an old beautiful house.

This is the view from the temple doors over looking the Mississippi River.






When I took this picture it brought tears to my eyes. Everytime I look at it, it does the same thing. This is Olivia's hand on the Savior's foot in the Visitors Center. She kept rubbing her hand over his scar.




It was so fun to have Josh and Stacy with us.

We went on a carriage ride around town. The kids were loving on the horses.



Olivia asked if she could give this one a hug.


The Mighty Mississippi River. I have always know that the pioneers crossed this river but to see it for myself was different. It's amazing to me that the pioneers crossed that river. It's enormous! To have crossed it with the little belongings that you could bring with you and your children....that is Faith.



1 comment:

denise said...

What a wonderful trip I love all the pictures especially the one of Olivia's hand on Christ foot