Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rainy Days

This week in Chicago has been beautiful! Lots of sunshine and warm weather. A few times last week we had some rain and Olivia wanted to go play in it. While she was walking around in the puddles, I just couldn't stop thinking about what I can do for her. She is having a very hard time adjusting since Will has arrived. About 6 weeks after he was born, Olivia started baby talking, fighting even more with Ben and having tantrums. She's just been hard. She actually told me the other day that she wanted to be a baby again so that she could be a cute as Will. After telling her that she was just as cute, we thought of things that big girls could do that babies can't. Although the list was a good one, I don't think she was convinced.

I'm at my wits end. I'm hoping that some love, patience and time will remedy the situation. Hopefully we will have less days like this....

and more days like these!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

It WILL get better! My daughter Halle used to do that too. I remember her wanting to be a baby again. I think Gwen may have done it a little as well. They would see how Ben and I oohed and aahed over the baby, and they would feel displaced. I eventually tried hard to not make a big deal of the baby in front of them. Being the middle child is REALLY hard, and as a parent I am seeing now how often middle children really are given the shaft sometimes! And not on purpose at all! You are a great mom! Olivia will adjust to not being the "baby" anymore . . . but it will take time. Good luck to you and I hope this phase is short lived!

Megan said...

Aww poor girl. Hopefully soon she will realize that being the only girl will have some great benefits :)
You should send her to me for some aunt time. Carson actually has been doing baby talk too, already getting jealous of the baby to come. Maybe if they got together they would help each other? AND I really miss my Olivia, so what do you think? Send her? And P.S...I LOVE her outfit!!

Jeremy Price said...

Luke is struggling right now too I wonder if it is the age? I wish we lived closer so we could get them together, I'm sure they would get along so good. PS Will is adorable!

The Calls said...

I hear ya sister!!! My 5 year old is going through it right now since Connor arrived. But she has jobs that she helps us with for Connor and she likes to be involved. Also one on one time with each parent helps to. Being the middle child is hard and I'm sure there will be more times ahead that this will be more true and hard to conquer. But she is also a Drama Queen so the things we think of only work once and we have to be creative for the next one! Oh fun times!!! Good Luck