Ben's last day of Kindergarten

Ben had his last day of school on Thursday. He is so happy for summer to be here and so am I. I have been wanting a little less schedule and a lot more playing time. Thursday night we went out to dinner to celebrate the last day of school and he got to pick the restaurant. We were talking at dinner about all the things he learned this year and what a great teacher he had. That night he was saying his prayers, when he got chocked up. I asked him why he was sad and he burst into tears and said "I'm going to miss kindergarten!" I gave him a big hug and of coarse started crying too. I asked him what he was going to miss the most and he said "Everything!" I think it had all hit him at once that he wasn't going to see Mrs. Spence everyday. We decided to email her the next day because she was definitely going to be missing him. The next day we sent an email to Mrs. Spence. This is what Ben wrote:
Dear Mrs. Spence,
I miss you but I am excited to be a first grader. I love you and I might invite you over for dinner.
Love,
Ben
I emailed Mrs. Spence that night to tell her how Ben was feeling and what an impact she has had on him. She of coarse emailed Ben back the next day. This is what she wrote:
Dear Ben,
I love you too, and if you do invite me over I will come if it all works out on the date. Have a terrific summer---go swimming lots, make sure you keep reading, see your friends, and have a great trip to Georgia.
Hugs,
Mrs. Spence
I am so grateful that he has had such a good experience this year.
Olivia's last day of preschool at her picnic

Thankfully Will slept through the entire picnic so that Olivia and I could spend a little time just us girls.

1 comment:
Susan....
That was so sad I about cried myself just reading about it..:( These kids just really get attached to these teachers don't they?? Hope you guys have a great summer. It sounds like a ton of fun is planned...
Post a Comment