Last Wednesday was career day in kindergarten. The kids were supposed to dress up like the profession they wanted to be when they grew up. I had told Ben to be thinking about what he wanted to be a few days before.
So on Tuesday I asked what he wanted to dress up as and Ben replied "a ping pong player". Rick and I both looked at each other and tried to not laugh. I mean we don't even own a ping pong table. Rick and I both started giving him other perfectly good options on what he could be when he grew up like a doctor, fireman, businessman, veterinarian, etc. He then said "maybe I'll be ticket taker at a movie theater. We quickly went back to ping pong player since that was a much better option. I mean we didn't want to crush his dreams.
Rick made him a ping pong paddle out of cardboard and I gave him an old running medal and presto we had a Olympic ping pong player. So it looks like we get to miss out on paying for medical school and get to go to the Olympics in 2020 (when Ben is 16).
When I picked him up from school that day I asked if he had a good day. He said "no one else in any of the 3 kindergarten classes was a ping pong player, can you believe it?!
These are the other sports guys from his class. Baseball, Football, Nascar and of coarse ping pong.
5 comments:
that is so cute! jones has been telling us forever that he wants to be a scientist.. and then the other night, out of the blue, he informed us that he wants to be a rock star. he has asked me over and over again for a drum set and guitar b/c rock stars need them.. :)
That just started my day off with such a big smile on my face. That is so cute. He has so much of his dad in him I love it. You guys are such creative parents good job!
That is the funniest story.
Well, he will be the cutest ping pong player
AWESOME! Reminds me of Ethan changing his mind a couple of years ago on his Halloween costume. Remember the peg-legged bat?
Show Ben the scene of Forrest Gump playing ping pong in the army. That'll make his day!
So, funny. they come up with the craziest things. Sonds like y'all are good.
Post a Comment