Friday, February 26, 2010

Random

What's been going on in the last month or so.
1. We had an earthquake in Chicago!! Rick and I jumped out of bed at 4am to shaking, creaking, and some things falling off shelves. I had been having trouble sleeping anyway because of the wind and snow trucks that had been going all night. I thought at first it was a tornado or maybe a snow truck running into the side of our house. Having never experienced an earthquake before it sure seemed like one but I thought "Chicago doesn't have earthquakes, it can't be that." We ran into the kids rooms to them sleeping soundly. It was over so quick. Still not realizing, that it was a earthquake, I spent the rest of the night listening for the tornado sirens. The next morning I found out it was an earthquake that measured 4.3 and the epicenter was 5 miles from our house. YIKES!!
2. Rick and I wanted to take a fun trip with just us before the new baby was born. Due to his work schedule, we quickly realized it wasn't going to happen. Then we decided we would take the kids to a hotel with a water park inside to get away from the freezing weather. We left Friday night, ate at Red Robin for dinner, stayed at the hotel, and swam on Saturday until everybody was tired and then came home. It was nice to do something different. The kids had fun but I think they liked the chocolate donuts and o.j. for breakfast the best.
3. It has become a tradition that when we have a baby the other child/children go to Build-A-Bear and pick out and make a special animal for the new baby. Ben and Olivia picked out a dark brown bear and named him Chocolate. They put two hearts in the bear from both of them, which they both kissed. Now chocolate is just waiting in the baby's room. The kids really liked doing something for the baby and are very excited to meet him.
4. Some sweet friends of mine had a baby shower for me and two other girls in the ward. We are all due pretty close together and we're all having boys. The shower was just perfect and it was fun to chat with all the girls. I'm so grateful to everyone that helped with the shower. I'm a lucky lady.



5. Since we have moved into our house, all decorating had been put on the back burner. In the last few weeks we have been trying to get some things looking cute. Although making decisions on anything for me right now is hard. Rick said he is getting a shirt made for me that says "I don't know". When I'm done I'll post some pictures. Then again...are you ever really done decorating your house?

6. I have this massive list of things I want to do before the baby is born. One of the most important ones was taking the kids out on individual dates. This Saturday Olivia and I went to see the play "Cinderella". We had such a great time together with just the girls. She brought her Cinderella Barbie with her and wore her twirly dress. There was lots of singing and dancing perfect for Olivia. I don't think she blinked or moved the entire show. During the intermission we went and got a Cinderella ornament and a lollipop in the shape of a crown. She was so happy! One of the best parts for me was when we were driving home. Olivia asked why I did this for her. I said because I loved her, because I love spending time with her, and because she is a special person. She just smiled a huge grin. I love her so much!

1 comment:

The Calls said...

Good Luck with your list of "to do's"!! My list is building to! When are you due? Do you have a name picked out yet? I hope all goes well.