Sunday, January 3, 2010

White Christmas


This year, we had a really wonderful Christmas. It was different in a lot of ways. First, there was snow, lots and lots of snow. It was gorgeous. Rick in the kids played out in it for a long time. The kids ate a lot of snow too.

One of the kids favorite things to do is slide down the slide and knock all the snow off.


On Christmas Eve, we had dinner with friends and came back to our house for hot chocolate, talked about the Nativity story and then had a surprise Rudolph sighting out our back window that sent children wide-eyed running up to their rooms. Olivia said "Whew that was a close one!"
Christmas morning is just so fun with little kids. Ben and Olivia were so sweet about getting and giving their gifts. Lots of 'thank you's', hugs and "you are going to love what I got you's".
Another thing that was different was that we didn't have any family around. This was the first Christmas in our married life that we had spent with just us. Although I missed everyone in Georgia and Washington it was kind of nice to just be the four of us. We did get to talk/skype to almost all of our family that day.
Since we had always had family around, I had never cooked an entire Christmas dinner (shameful, I know). So I went overboard and cooked a huge Christmas dinner that could have fed at least 20 people. After dinner we went and saw "Princess and the Frog".
As a side note, Buddy our elf, went back to live with Santa until next year. I miss him already. It really helped the behavior level when he was watching all the time.

2 comments:

denise said...

Looks like fun.....So beautiful ...The children and the snow

Christy Ivory said...

Your family is totally adorable Susan!!! I love how you've done your blog. It doesn't surprise me, you were always so creative..:)
It sounds like you guys had a very good Christmas. Hope you guys are doing well. :)