Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sledding & Sunbeams

The first day of the year we went sledding. This was our first time ever. Don't let the blue skies fool you, it was negative degree weather that day.
This picture doesn't do this hill justice but it was the only one I had. I was seriously concerned that we would be taking a trip to the hospital. There are hay bales at the bottom of the hill to keep people from falling into the Fox River, it was tall and steep and I thought that the kids would be a little tentative. I was wrong! Both kids went down without waiting on us. I really wish I had taken video of them. They had so much fun!!

Daddy and his little girl

Ben bundled up and looking like the kid brother from 'Christmas Story'

Giving a big push

Grandma & Olivia

Family picture

Walking back up the hill together
That Sunday Olivia moved from the nursery to Sunbeams in primary. She was excited to be with the big kids. Ben told us on the way home that several times during sharing time, she came over to him to give him a hug.

2 comments:

denise said...

I miss you guys. That hill is much bigger than it looks on screen.

jeannie said...

No doubt that Olivia will be the Queen Bee of her class! We miss you. I hope you are feeling great.