Friday, April 10, 2009

Georgia on my Mind

On Sunday March 29th, our friends the McWilliams, Sorensons and Bakers had a going away open house for us. It was really sweet and we got to say goodbye to a lot of friends. We are missing our sweet family and friends terribly.

Monday and Tuesday, Rick and I were at the house all day with the packers and movers. It was pretty sad to see everything empty and leaving the house for the last time was unbelievably hard. There has been so many memories there. The last few days we were at our house I found myself wanting to hug our walls. We brought our sweet babies home from the hospital to this house. We have had sad times and many more happy times there. It was our first house and it was perfect for us.

Tuesday night we were supposed to meet at my parents house at 5p.m. for a farewell family dinner and didn't make it until 8:30!! The movers had taken longer than expected. I fully expected that most of my brothers & sister-in-laws would have gone home because of the time. When we pulled up, everyone's car was still there!

The next morning we got up and headed to the airport. It was awful saying goodbye to my parents and I cried (big surprise) and Ben & Olivia kept asking 'why I had tears?'. We made it through the airport and on to the plane with no problems. When our plane took off I cried again. Somehow, the plane taking off, meant we were really leaving and moving to Chicago.

Here are some pictures of some of our friends, family and favorite spots in Georgia.

So here goes our next big adventure...Chicago!!

9 comments:

denise said...

That"s not fair

jeannie said...

We miss you, I really enjoyed the pictures. I hope you are having a good first week there. It helps that you will be busy setting up and decorating your new home. I hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Try to find out the maiden name of your bishops wife. I was talking to Amy Gregerson and she is also curious.

The Ta Family said...

Awww, we miss you guys so much. That was really sweet. We love the pictures!! Give all of your sweeties big hugs for us... Love you guys!!

Jason and Charlotte said...

I've been waiting for these pics...it was so cute but so sad at the same time...I love you and your sweet family!!!!

dinisha said...

REALLY..... now my face is all wet. It was especially hard to see the house packed up, the moving truck, and the airplane pictures.

Betsy Baugh said...

We miss you. The slide show made me cry.

Love you.

Gina Mills said...

sad sad sad
It made me cry and I don't even get to see you often.
LOL
Love you guys
Gina

Anonymous said...

Ah, Susan. I cannot believe you are in CHICAGO! We love you and miss you. Will you be visiting every holiday? We expect it. We'll see you on Mother's Day and Memorial Day.

Julie said...

Ok Susan, I'm not even in Georgia with you, but that made me so sad for you. I know you'll end up loving Chicago and making wonderful memories there as well. But I can tell you're not only going to miss your friends and family very much, but there going to miss you all too!! I hope all is going well in Chicago, and can't wait to hear about it. Love you!