Friday, April 17, 2009

April snow showers!!

The first Sunday we were in Chicago it snowed!! Not just a little snow...no, no a lot of snow (at least to me. Although any snow in April is unacceptable.) When it started snowing it was just after dinnertime so we all ran outside. We were the only crazy people outside taking pictures and throwing snowballs but we're new to this.

Yes, Olivia has on a Cinderella dress on under her coat. She really wanted to keep it on and play in the snow.



The next morning it had snowed between 2-3 inches. We got bundled up again and headed out to play. Ben made his first snow angel. After about 10 minutes of being outside both kids were freezing and wanted to go inside. The snow was fun but I hope we don't see it again until December.
I thought I would list some of the things we have done over the first two weeks of being in Chicago.
  • Went to the JumpZone
  • Celebrated my 32nd birthday and had dinner at the famous Gino's East. Famous for there deep dish pizzas.
  • Went to several parks in the area
  • Story time at Barnes and Noble
  • Went to our new gym. The kids love it because there is a rockwall in the kids area.
  • Ate dinner with our new Bishop and his family. They are so nice.
  • Went to another Globe Trotters game, courtesy of America's Best. They are a sponsor. Globe Trotters won again, surprisingly!! The 38 year streak continues.
  • Looked for houses, much to the kids dismay

4 comments:

Megan said...

I love that Olivia is wearing her princess dress in the snow. She even has to be pretty in the snow. And her face in the 2nd picture is hilarious!!

Paula said...

Hi Susan, it's Paula (Manning) Orel. I saw your link on Charlotte's bog and thought I'd stop by and say hi. Hope all is well and your enjoying your new place. I know a few people in Chicago and they love it. So, hopefully it will grow on you. Stop by my blog if you get a chance- paulaorel.blogspot.com. Oh, say hi to your mom too.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Susan it snowed here also, Sunday morning we woke up to it, not as much as you though. good luck over there we are thinking about your family always

Megan@Just For Me...And You said...

I forgot to thank you on Sunday for the cute swim shorts for Carson. They are super darling and I can't wait for next year so Carson can wear them! Thanks again! Love you guys!