Monday, December 29, 2008

Rick



I hope I don't completely embarrass Rick (so I will make it short) but I wanted to write down how great he is. First, he is a fantastic father. The kids love to wrestle and body slam with him and he is the best Lego maker we have ever seen. He humors Olivia, and is the prince in her very choreographed dances. He loves to read to the kids and they love it right back.
Second, he makes everyone laugh. Sometimes I think of things he said two weeks ago and it cracks me up all over again. He coins a lot of made up sayings around our house.
Next he is an absolutely wonderful husband! For example, he gets up with kids on Saturday mornings so I can sleep in (one of the best gifts a mother can receive). He supports me in everything I do. For example, helping around the house all week, while I was preparing for Enrichment. He also babysat in the nursery during Enrichment (a major sacrifice) & hauled all of my stuff to and from the car. He also has been at the finish line of every race I have ever run.
He works so hard for our family and I just wanted to tell him thank you. I couldn't imagine my life without my best friend. Love you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your family is almost too cute for existence. Your post about Rick just reinforces this. You all belong on a poster! :)

Sally said...

I love reading from about you guys and I am so glad you started this so I can keep up. I smile when I see how happy you guys are and what a great little family you have. It pleases me to read Susan's feelings about Rick and as a parent, it is satisfying to watch your children being such great spouses and parents. I love you all so much. Mom