Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas morning..It's finally here!!!

On Christmas Eve, like a lot of people, we read the Christmas story, put out homemade cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer and then it is off to bed for the kids. Christmas morning we woke up to hearing Ben jumping up in his room. Ben is an avid jumper which intensifies when he is extremely excited. Thankfully it wasn't crazy early(7:15) so Rick and I went upstairs to get him & wake up Olivia. They were so excited!! We opened presents & stockings and it took about 2 hours to finish, and it wasn't because we had a lot to open. The kids just would open something and then play with it for awhile. Olivia opened her gift from Ben, gasped, and said 'Thank You Ben!!!', all while giving him a big hug. It was really sweet. I wished I had gotten it on video.
We ate yummy cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate for breakfast. Everyone got dressed and we headed over to Grandma & Papa's house to celebrate Christmas again. We ate lunch and opened presents there. Then the greatest thing happened....Rick and I got to take a nap!! It truly was a Christmas miracle!!

No comments: