Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pictures with Santa


Well, this year I had high expectations for seeing Santa...my first mistake. Last year Ben was so excited to see Santa and Olivia was terrified. This year Olivia had been talking about how much Santa loves her. In fact, when I would lay her down at night we would go through the list of people who love her. First Heavenly Father, Jesus & then Santa & then our family. In that order. So I thought she might be more willing to sit on Santa's lap this year. We got the kids all dressed in the Christmas clothes, drove to the mall, and walked up to Santa. Up until this point Olivia is very excited to see Santa. She was telling all of us what she was asking Santa for, her baby blah blah (her words). It wasn't until I was putting her on Santa's lap that the freak out started. The picture was taken in the 2 seconds she was actually on Santa's lap. Note the very pathetic look on her face. So the night ended in Ben being very happy to have finally told Santa exactly what he wanted (Star Wars guys) and Olivia being way more excited about her cute Christmas dress she had on. Maybe next year.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Haha that picture is so wonderfully priceless. I love your new blog layout...quite lovely. I guess now you guys need to teach me all the blogging tricks.

grapeape said...

you could send in the photo to "Bad Santa Photos" on the Ellen show... :) though i don't think it's that bad at all.