Monday, December 12, 2011

November

Ben was able to get his Bobcat badge at his first pack meeting. We are working on his Wolf badge now, and since he is so excited about Scouts, we are going to get as much done as possible in the next few months.Why do kids love jumping on beds so much? It's the first thing that they do when we get to a hotel room. One night, after baths, I ran dowstairs to get something and when I came back to my room this is what I found.



Rick was home for a whole week during Thanksgiving (hallelujah), so we took the opportunity to go to Minneapolis, Minnesota and go to the Mall of America. We had never been and I don't know if we will be in the Minnesotta area very often again, so off we went for a short three day trip.

We stopped at this cute 'lodgy' restaurant in Wisocnsin for lunch on the way up.


Once we got there, we wasted no time and went stright over to 'The Mall of America'. To say the it is enormous is an understatement. It has every retail store that you can imagine!! For someone who likes to shop it was so fun!! We made a game plan and decided that we would do the first floor that night. We had dinner and then headed back to the hotel to rest our feet. Are my kids the only ones who watch t.v. like this? They can watch a movie hanging upside down and they dont even notice.


The next morning we went back over to the mall and shopped the second floor and then stopped for a few hours in the middle of the day to play at the amusement park inside with the kids. We all had so much fun on the rides and thankfully, Will took a great little nap in his stroller for a lot of it.






















After the rides we went and shopped the third floor of stores. This picture is so funny to me. Look at the look on my face. It pretty much sums up how I was feeling about Olivia's indecision about what shirt to get. She, on the other hand, looks delighted at trying on so many clothes.




By the end of the day, Ben kept saying "My dogs are barking!" So we ate dinner and headed back to the hotel for the kids to swim. Rick very generously offered that I should go back to the mall ALONE, while he took the kids swimming. I definately took him up on it!


It was so nice to get away from home for a little trip. As a bonus we came home with all of our Christmas shopping done too!! Wahoo!!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Way to go, Ben!
That shopping drip looks both exhausting and super fun!! Super jealous.

Megan said...

trip, not drip.

Kelli said...

Sounds like so much fun! Jeff worked for a few years up in Minneapolis, and I always meant to take a little trip up there with him. For no other reason, than to shop!

We miss you guys tons. I've thought so much about you over the past few weeks, but life is crazy around the holidays, so I'll call next week.

Hope you are well! Much love.