Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Barns & Corn

After we came home from Georgia we had a week back in Illinois before we left for 10 days for California. During that week, we celebrated Olivia's birthday party at the local splash park. We then jetted off to California. We had such a great time and we came back totally exhausted!! While on vacation though, I lost my camera!!! To be exact, on the 9th day of our 10 day vacation, I lost the camera at Disneyland (If anyone is keeping track, I lost my purse and camera in a space of 2 1/2 weeks)!! It still brings tears to my eyes, that it hasn't yet turned up. I feel like I lost my kids memories of such a fun trip that we had been planning for a year. The pictures for Olivia's birthday party were on the camera too. It makes me just sick to my stomach.
Although I did get some perspective, when I was talking to my Nana the week after we got home. I was wallowing in how horrible it was that I don't have any of our pictures from the trip and how I can't replace them and she said "It could be worse, I don't have any pictures of my girls from when they were little at all." I had totally forgotten that when my mom was a teenager their house burned down and they lost everything, including their pictures. I can't even imagine.
Rick's family are trying to piece together pictures, that his family took while we were with them, we have a very few on our phones and my friend is getting pictures she took of the birthday party. So I hope that we will have some. The rest I will have to unfortuanetly record by writting everything down that we did. I'm not a writer.
I borrowed a camera from a friend after returning home and took some summer family pictures of the town we live in. When we moved to Chicago, I didn't really know what the landscape here was. When I had come in January and February for house hunting trips, everything was piled high with snow. So when we had our first summer here, I couldn't believe there was so many corn fields. Everywhere in fact and barns too...the big red kind with silos. We actually have an old barn in the front of our neighborhood with a playground nearby that we can walk to.













1 comment:

denise said...

I LOVE the barns in your town So great. The kids are beautiful