Olivia got her first haircut. Yes, she is almost four years old but her hair is curly and it shrinks up when it is dry. It always has looked much shorter than it actually is and so I have never thought she really needed one. The ends had gotten pretty damaged though and Olivia was excited to have grandma do the honors of her first trim.
Olivia learned how to swim. Dinisha's parents had invited us over to swim and Ben and Olivia had gone in Grandma's car. Rick, Will and I were in our car about five minutes behind them. By the time Rick and I got to the pool, Olivia was swimming. I had her swim vest with me and she didn't want to wait for us to swim. She just decided that she would swim by herself. So if anyone asks who taught Olivia how to swim, I will say, she taught herself!!
Within days she was swimming under water and jumping off the diving board in the deep end and swimming to the side. She has no fear.
While we were in Georgia...
After 5 long years of waiting, Ben's front tooth has finally come in and the other isn't too far behind. He is going to look so different with two front teeth. Apples and corn on the cob, beware!!
While we were in Georgia...
I actually read a book! I really enjoy reading but I never do it at a relaxing pace. I get completely consumed with it. All laundry, dishes, errands and sometimes family members get neglected. Because I know this about myself, I always hesitate/procrastinate starting a book, knowing that I will get behind on almost everything else in life. I had a friend recommend it and Rick had bought it for me for my birthday and it had been sitting on a pile of books for a few months staring at me. I had less guilt about reading while at grandma's house because I had no chores to be done and the kids were more than happy to play with grandma. It was a great book and glad I was able to read something other than Dr. Suess. or Belinda the Ballerina.
No comments:
Post a Comment