Yesterday marked a year that we got on a plane and left Georgia and moved to Chicago. In some ways it has gone so fast. We were so sad to be leaving Georgia and when we walked out of the airport in Chicago last year, it was cold and really windy. The weather was like a slap in the face. We stopped to get lunch at Subway on the way to our townhouse. Rick parked the car and as I opened my car door, the wind swung it open and slammed into the car next to us. I remember thinking, this is just an awful, awful place. It was harsh and unwelcoming.
Fast forward to this year, April 1st, 2010. We spent the day at the park with a lot of my closest friends in Chicago and their kids. It was a beautiful bright, blue, sunshiny day and it was a record high of 83 degrees!! Later that night, we grilled and ate dinner outside and then the kids rode bikes. I feel so different about Chicago this year. Although I still don't appreciate the weather (and I'm pretty sure I never will), everything else is really great. I feel lucky to be here.
Last year we weren't sure if we would have a third baby and this year I'm a few days from having a new baby boy. Last year, we didn't know where we were going to live permanently and this year we have a house that has become our home. Last year we didn't know anyone and this year we have wonderful friends whom we love. We feel happy and very very blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i love this post. i can relate on tooooo many levels. :) Congrats on your little man. miss you!!!
I can definitely say that we're glad you're here!
Post a Comment