Sunday, August 23, 2009

July

Due to my lack of posting when we moved into the house in June, it has made it almost impossible for me to catch up on what has been going on with us. July was a really busy month. All of these things definitely deserve to have there own post but, like I said I'm just wanting to catch up.

My mom came to visit in July for a long weekend. It was so great to have her. We wish she could come up every weekend. These are some of the things that we did.

Made homemade ice cream.

Went to the park

Went to Brookfield Zoo






Saw the Dinosaurs exhibit at the zoo. Ben loved it.







Roasted marshmallows and made s'mores.


Played games


Played outside.


Played on the shark slip-n-slide.




One of my least favorite things to do as a mother, to date, is potty train a child. I don't mind changing diapers and I really don't enjoy running to every germ filled bathroom in the area because of a toddler sized bladder. I think my kids have a knack for knowing exactly when we are the furthest away from the store bathroom to let me know they 'really have to go'. So although I had mentally prepared myself, bought pull-ups and princess underwear for Olivia last October, I had put potty-training on hold because of the craziness that was going on with our family. I didn't want to set her up to fail.

I had re-read "Potty-training in a day" book (what I used with Ben), bought all my supplies and we were ready. This is Olivia the morning we started, with her last diaper on.

Olivia with her big girl underwear!
Using the potty
Success!! Officially a big girl!!
The first few days were pretty good with only a few accidents. The third day however Olivia decided she wanted to be a baby again and not use the potty. She is way too smart for her own good. Thankfully she had a change of heart and hasn't had a single accident since. As a bonus she is potty-trained at night too. Yahoo!

Ben gave his second talk in Primary. He memorized his talk by himself and did a great job. Way to go Ben!
(Sorry the video is sideways. Can't figure out how to turn it.)


3 comments:

denise said...

Simply Wonderful!!!!!!! I Love You Guys

Jeremy Price said...

Congratulations to Olivia what a big girl. I am so happy for you to not have diapers any more, life is just that much easier. I loved the picture of the kids in the kangaroo pouch. We love you guys and miss you. Can't wait to hear how kindergarten is.

dinisha said...

Wow, your back yard is AWESOME! When can I come roast s'mores and play on the slip n slide and swing and play games on your super cool patio? I miss you guys. Congratulations, Olivia. You are SUCH a big girl. Enjoy the princess underwear while you can, they don't make it my size :( And Ben, you look so grown up. I love your tie and you spoke so well.