Thursday, January 29, 2009

Freak....it's cold!!

Last weekend I went up to Chicago to go house hunting. The weekend was very productive and we think we have found an area that has good schools, nice houses and (from what we hear) a large ward. Rick took this picture of me to show Ben how much snow there was.
Even though we weren't doing anything fun, it was really nice to just hang out with Rick. It hasn't been fun for anyone since he has been gone.
Thanks to Grandma, Papa, Aunt Gina & Nana for watching the kids while we were gone. You guys are probably still recuperating.

This picture is just funny to me. This move to Chicago is going to have many firsts but I have never seen snow on a beach before. It makes me laugh that they have lifegaurd stands out in a foot of snow.
I brought my new Ugg's on this trip and they are officially my new best friends!! Sorry to all my sweet friends who I love and have been friends with my whole life. You have been replaced! JK! I will do anything to stay warm.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

oh my goodness! I should have checked out your blog weeks ago. What a huge change! What an adventure! Good luck these next few weeks finding a house. I can't believe all that snow out there!

Jason and Charlotte said...

It's going to be kind of hard getting a tan on that beach!!! At least you get to shop for a new wardrobe!!! Love ya

klonghall said...

Yikes! That looks so cold. My brother went to law school in Chicago. They loved it up there. I'll send you their email address if you want to get any ideas from them for things to do, restaurants, etc.

Ginny and Ben said...

Snow and sand might make for some interesting snowmen! We are officially inviting ourselves to Chicago once you get settled in. It's only a 4 hour drive for us!

grapeape said...

and i thought our piles of snow were large here! :) that IS a good pic; beach and snow...that is something i have yet to see... good luck!