Tuesday, January 17, 2012

End of 2011!!

We ended 2011 with A LOT of change. First, Rick was released from the bishopric. We were both sad and relieved. I don't think either one of us expected to feel sad. He had been balancing bishopric stuff with traveling every week for three months, so it was time. The other change was a big one. A few days after Christmas, Rick was offered a promotion(yes, two promotions in three months!) and we will be moving to Georgia! I'm so proud of him and are excited for this next chapter in our lives. Now we are deciding where exactly in Georgia to move to. Hum...??? As part of the new job, we could live anywhere on the east coast (from New york to Florida). Although our first thought was Georgia, we really wanted to take a little time and see how we felt about where we should move. After a week, Rick and I both felt like Georgia was the place for our family. We took the kids to dinner to celebrate and tell them that we will be moving back to Georgia. Of course, that also meant that we wouldn't be moving to Disney...I mean Orlando. I was nervous about how the kids were going to react. Rick told them that his job had changed again and that we would be moving to Georgia and they both stood up at the table and started cheering. I felt a major sense of relief...they were happy. Although I'm pretty sure we now owe them a trip to DisneyWorld too. So, we feel happy, blessed, excited, to be moving somewhere we love so much. As a side note, I'm so grateful for personal revelation. Rick and I both felt very stongly that we should stay in Chicago until the kids got out of school and not hurry to move to Orlando. Thank heavens!! We would have moved there only to immediately have to move again. So grateful!! Ben played basketball all fall and winter and these are the only two pictures I took. He had fun but I did not! Keeping Olivia occupied and Will from running at mock speeds onto the court in the middle of the game became a major problem this season. It was a very long hour and 10 minutes each week.
Olivia did a cheer camp with the High school varsity cheerleaders. She LOVED it and wants to do it again but have convinced her that after we move she can.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Wow - big news for all of you. Nicely done Richard & co.

Kelli said...

Those are some huge changes for you guys! Congrats all around! What a ride this past few months have been, huh? I'm so happy for you guys!

Shelley said...

Wow! Congratulations! I am so happy for you that you didn't have to move twice.