*The Atlanta temple is a special place to Rick and I. We were married there almost 12 years ago. On May 1st, the Atlanta temple was rededicated after being closed for renovations for almost 2 years! Rick and I know so many who did so much to get ready for the rededication, the open house and a visit from President Monson. We wish we could have been there but we can't wait to see the inside next time we visit. I know the people in Georgia are so happy to have a temple again!!
*On April 29th, I recorded the wedding between William and Kate so that Olivia and I could watch it together. She is a lover of all things weddings and I'm a lover of all things British.
What a fairytale it was!! I thought the wedding was just what a royal wedding should be. The dress, the couple, the hats, it was fantastic.
As Kate was walking down the aisle, Olivia turns to me and says "Mommy, is this in the temple?" I said "no, it's in a big church in London."
She then says "Mommy they are making a bad choice!!"
*Osama Bin Laden the terrorist was shot and killed by the US military. It was shocking to hear of his death. Rick and I were both glued to the t.v. on Sunday night listening to the reports and waiting to hear from the President about what had happened.
The next morning Rick and I were deciding if we should tell the kids about it. I knew that they were going to talk about it at school so we decided to tell them first. I put as little detail as I could into the story and told him that there was a really bad guy that lived really far away in another country who had done a lot of really bad things and that our brave soldiers had got into a battle with him and the bad guy died. Ben was really quiet and said "ok". You could tell he was really thinking about it but didn't know what to ask or say.
That night I was putting Ben to bed and he started crying and saying that at school they were talking about what happened (in much more detail) and it really freaked him out (his words). I don't blame him, it freaks me out too.
*There is a couple in our ward that are gardeners. We had heard that their yard is incredible but had never made it out to see it in person. Since the weather finally warmed up we went. The pictures don't do it justice. Beautiful!!
*There is a couple in our ward that are gardeners. We had heard that their yard is incredible but had never made it out to see it in person. Since the weather finally warmed up we went. The pictures don't do it justice. Beautiful!!
1 comment:
Your blog is so cute! Where is that beautiful garden? I've got to go! You have such a beautiful family, Susan!
Post a Comment