Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Catching up

After the big snowstorm, school was canceled for a few days. We stayed in our jammies all day and made cookies...

drank hot chocolate...

watched movies...

and made homemade pretzels


Do you see that? It's grass!!! The last few days have gotten above freezing and some of the massive amounts of snow are melting. I haven't seen grass in a few months and it's wonderful. It made me laugh when I looked out the back door and saw our reindeer food we had left on Christmas Eve for Santa and the reindeer. It had been buried in snow and since the snow finally melted enough you could see it.
There is hope!!


I was invited to a ladies Valentines exchange and I made 15 ruffle dish towels to share.

After almost 12 years of marriage we now have a TV in our bedroom. I was convinced that if we did we would have a bad marriage. So far, we don't have a bad marriage and I can watch TV from the comfort of my own bed. I love it!

We also had a Valentines Progressive Dinner with 4 families from our neighborhood. We all have kids around the same ages and we all live within a few houses from each other. I had the dessert portion so I made red velvet cake for the adults (8), red velvet cupcakes for the kids (9) and peppermint hot chocolate for everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are adorable. And crafty. And I envy you, my sweet friend! :)

Christy Ivory said...

Hey Susan:)
It looks like you are still doing what Susan does best, Everything!! Look at that table setting! You are so creative...
Hey, we also got a TV in our room this year! We also have been married 12 years..Funny huh?
Well, hope you guys are enjoying the melting snow...
Say hello to Rick for Ryan...;)