It's never good when Al Roker show up in your city. He only shows up when the world is ending. So when he was in Chicago, on the news on Tuesday morning, I knew it was going to be bad. So after a long night of the worst weather I have ever seen, here are the stats.
Stats:
3rd highest snowfall in Chicago ever
21 inches of snow in 24 hrs.
61 mph wind gusts
thundersnow
grapple
lightning
locusts (just kidding!)
Favorite quotes:
Olivia says "Today is a good day to be in Florida."
Ben says "I have freeze bites." He meant frost bite.
The aftermath:We opened the garage this morning to a wall of snow. It was about to my waist. You can see the backs of the cars.


Our pathway from the front door to the driveway

3 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! The garage picture is crazy. Glad you all survived
I was thinking about you,Susan! I just learned about thunder snow last week. I had never heard of it before. I am glad that you survived, and I love the quotes--they are hilarious!
Can't say we hear too much about thunder snow here in Vegas, you'll have to fill me in on that. Maybe I'll think twice next time I complain about our warm weather. I wouldn't know what to do. I would have opened my garage just to turn right around and close it. That calls for a day off!!
Post a Comment