Anyway, we got there, filled out paperwork, and I could tell Olivia was getting very very nervous. Since it was her first trip to the dentist I thought that I would take her picture. This is the only picture I got.
We walked in to the examining room and she was literally wrapped around me with a death grip. The poor dentist walked in and Olivia started screaming at the top of her lungs. After many attempts at getting her to open her mouth, the dentist finally gave up. The only thing she would let me do, is hold her while I opened her mouth. The dentist didn't touch her teeth or put anything in her mouth. By just looking he really couldn't tell if anything was wrong, so we left hoping for the best.
Two days later we were at Costco when she fell and hit her mouth on the floor. This time there was blood. Then the next day she was playing in the basement and fell and hit her mouth on the hardwood floors. Blood again. At this point, I pretty much knew that the likelyhood of her keeping her little baby teeth until they just naturally fell out are getting slim.
In the past few weeks , her front tooth has turned dark. Which means another extremely fun trip to the dentist in the near future.
The big questions are "Why don't my children use their hands to stop them from falling on their faces?" and "If Olivia has to have her tooth taken out, does this qualify me for the worst mother ever award?" I think yes!!
2 comments:
Pahaha...not funny. But kind of.
You should enroll them in 'put your hands in front of your face before impact lessons' prior to all other lessons for future children.
Love, ADAM
Post a Comment