I felt brave or maybe crazy (I can't really tell you which one), When talking to my friend about going downtown with the kids. We thought it would be an adventure. The kids hadn't done anything for a week other than watch Rick and I unpack the house, so I thought we all needed some time away.
So we went to the train station to catch the train into the city, for the first time. Our friends joined us at the next station. It was about an hour ride and the kids were pretty good. We walked into the huge train station not knowing exactly where to go and made our way out to the taxis. It was raining. No, no, it was down pouring...sheets of sideways rain. We tried unsuccessfully to get a taxi, and then decided to just have lunch a little early and hope the rain let up. It did thankfully, and a kind cab driver had pity on us. When you see 2 moms, 2 strollers, 4 kids, 3 balloons, I imagine it's not a cab drivers dream.
Anyway, we made it to the planetarium and then to the Shedd Aquarium. We had a great time and didn't get home til 8:30 at night. We were all exhausted but had a lot of fun. Thanks Michelle, Cade & Savannah for inviting us!
1 comment:
I love the penguin shots. I never did hear the whole story about Olivia's teeth. Waiting...
Post a Comment