On Mother's Day weekend my mom came to visit for the first time. We all were so happy to see her and so happy that she came to visit, even if it was a short trip. We got to show her around where we are living now. We even got to show her our new house even though we haven't closed on it yet.
It was a great Mother's Day present for me that she came to visit. We love you Mom!

Everywhere we went the kids wanted her to sit with them in the back.

We went to
Portillo's (famous in Chicago for hot dogs &
Italian beefs) for lunch. Olivia couldn't stop
drinking Grandma's milkshake.

The kids & Grandma outside of church on Mother's Day

The dam in St. Charles

Ben & Grandma

On Sunday, we reluctantly took Grandma to the airport. We all were a little teary when we said goodbye but the kids were totally
ok. The gave her hugs & kisses and said good-bye. Immediately after pulling away from
the terminal, the kids broke down crying. Ben actually said "I want Grandma to live with us in Chicago...I don't want her to go!" It was pretty sad. Hope fully we will see her soon.
6 comments:
I loved the post until you got to sad children. I knew they were sad to see me go but to see them sad was something else. Very sad. I hope I can come back soon. Love ya
I don't think I have ever seen such sad pictures as those of your kids. Being a mom, I know just how you feel pulling away from the airport dropping off Grandma. Hope you guys are doing good, I can't wait to see pictures of the new house. Love you.
What kind of blog is this? Crying children. Hot grandmas. Curse words. Its like woah.
Those pictures of your cute children are breaking my heart. And surely you meant dam. Haha.
Megan I almost died. I guess I never use either form of the word. I even spell checked... Yikes!!
this is the saddest picture ever!
Haha Bust A Move?? I seriously love you guys.
Post a Comment