The last few weeks have been hectic. I'm not sure why because right now I don't even have a house to clean. The kids have been fighting a lot and we are all growing tired of living in a townhouse with almost none of our stuff. I was giving Olivia a bath the other night and she asked me where one of her toys was. She immediately replied to her own question "It's in storage". That's pretty much my answer to everything the kids ask for these days. The good news is, that we close in two days. We will be moving on Friday and Saturday. Rick also took Monday and Tuesday off too. Rick and I are anxious to be unpacked.
We met with the principle at Ben's new school last week. He gave us all the information we need to get him registered, how things work for kindergarten in Illinois, and gave us a tour. Ben is really excited about it. We got to meet one of the kindergarten teachers too. I can't believe that Ben is old enough for kindergarten but I know he is going to love it.
Last week, I took the kids with our friend and realtor, and his kids to The Art Institute of Chicago. They just opened the new modern wing of the museum so they had free admission for the week. Although crowded it was great. They had a huge impressionist exhibit that the kids and I really enjoyed. Ben's favorite was the real suits of armour and 'the kings stuff'. Olivia's was a painting of ballerinas. Mine was the Monet's. I just love them! We went down to the kids touch museum and then headed home. I can't wait to go back with just Rick and I, so that I can look at everything.


Mia, Aidan, Ben & Olivia in a garden outside the museum

Rick and Ben went to a Father's & Sons camp-out a few Friday's ago. While they were away, Olivia and I had a girls night. This means one thing to Olivia....playing Beauty Shop. I painted her nails and did her hair but she insisted on doing her own lipstick. This is a picture of her after we were done. Thankfully, there was no one around to take a picture of me. I looked much crazier than she did.

On a side note, I was in Costco this morning. The cashier was very friendly and was talking to the kids. As I was leaving he said "Stay warm!" in a very friendly manner. I couldn't believe on June 2nd, someone told me 'stay warm.' If that doesn't tell you a lot about the climate here, I don't know what will. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry.
6 comments:
Oh it will be so nice to finally be in your house! I would be going crazy living "out of suitcases" for any extended time . . . although I really wouldn't mind not having a house to clean for awhile. Ben and Olivia are so cute!
Haha that really is too bad that there isn't a picture of you.
I am so happy for you guys that your closing in two days. We will be anxiously awaiting pictures of the new house.
I know you're ready to be in a house! Looks like you're having a blast though in the city!
Hopefully, you're sitting in your nice new home now. Can't wait to see the home tour blog post!!! Sounds like you're seeing all the sights - that's wonderful.
I'm counting down the days till I see all of your cute faces!!!
Post a Comment